A bathroom is a place that gives your freshness. But, it can be an avoiding place if it shows stains and smells. You yourself want to avoid the bathroom if it is too dirty and messy. Urine, moisture, makeup, and other substances can leave the bathmat too smelly and dirty. Even, you will look for a trash bin for the bathmat. But, before throwing the bathmat to the trash bin, try once to remove the stains and dirt. The bathmat is simple to clean with the right detergent and washing machine. Washing your bathmat makes the bathroom looking fresh again.
How to Get Rid of a Bath Mat Floor Stain?
The ugly stains can be stubborn. So, it requires much effort though cleaning bathmat is simple. However, you have several ways to follow if you want to remove the stains.
Things You'll Need
- Bleaching powder
- Hot water
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Plastic scrubber
Steps to remove stains from the rubber bath mat
Here are the steps you should follow to get rid of the stains from the rubber bath mat. So, let’s start:
- Mold is mainly responsible for creating stain the rubber bath mat. So, at first, start the cleaning by removing the mold. Prepare a solution of 1 cup of white vinegar and 2 cups of hot water in the spray bottle. Then spray the mixture to the mold down. Leave the solution for a few minutes. After that, scrub the mold with the plastic scrubber. Never use a hard and metal scrubber to scrub the mat. It results in leaving a scratch on the tiles and the mat. By the way, rinse the mat with clean water. The mold may disappear after you start spraying. Then, continue spraying with by preparing more mixture.
- Keep the mat on the floor and close the exit of the water. Fill the bathroom with hot water and continue until the bath mat is fully covered. The water level should be at least three inches on the floor.
- Apply bleach on the water and let them be mixed. The hoot water will mix the bleach well. Leave the solution for an hour. After an hour, open the exit and drain water from the floor as well as from the mat.
- Now, scrub the mat with plastic scrubber by mixing with baking soda. Once again, prepare a solution of 2 cups of hot water and 1 cup of lemon. After scrubbing the mat with baking soda, spray the solution on the baking to wet it. The stains should be gone, at least become lighter.
- If you are done, the stains should be gone. If it does not happen, repeat the entire process i.e., cleaning, bleaching, scrubbing, spraying, and washing to remove the stain completely.
- You should clean the entire bathroom and bathroom fittings regularly. It prevents to grow any mold and mildew in the bathroom. Also, it prevents to leave any stain on the bath mat. So, make the bathroom cleaning a weekly routine and get a fresh and clean bathroom where you can get freshness.
Caution: Don’t use too much bleach in a colored bath mat. It may lighten the color or even discolor the original color of the bath mat. So, before using on the entire bath mat, test the beach on an unnoticeable area of the mat.
Remove the stains through a washing machine
If you also remove stains from the bathroom mat by using enzyme detergent. Pour the enzyme detergent into a large container and fill it with warm water. Place the rub into the container and leave it for overnight.
In the morning, take the rug out from the container and place it into the washing machine. Run a full wash in the washing machine. If it is possible, run a second rinse.
Remove the rug from the washing machine and give it air dry. Hope the stains are completely removed. If the stains remain unexpectedly, repeat the entire process once again.
How to Clean Bathroom Rugs?
Rubber bathroom rugs should be cleaned regularly. Soap, oily buildup, and hair products make the rug dirty and slippery. A dirty rug also produces foul-smelling odors that abstain you to enter into the bathroom. Even the fluctuated temperature of the bathroom helps to grow mold and mildew. Regular cleaning reduces your effort as well as prevents stains.
Things You'll Need
- Bleaching powder
- Warm water
- Brush or a Plastic scrubber
Follow the steps to clean bathroom rugs
- At first, prepare a solution of diluted bleach and water. Then remove the rug from the tub or from the floor of the bathroom. Take a deep sink or tub full with the diluted solution. Soak the rug in the diluted solution and leave for a few hours.
- After soaking for hours, scrub the rug with a brush or a plastic scrubber for a few minutes. If the rug contains mold and mildew, you have to put extra effort to remove the debris and mildew.
- If you are done cleaning, dry the rug in the sun or air dry. Never put the rug in the dryer. Otherwise, it may damage over time.
- If you have a problem with bleach, always wear protective gears. Bleach is dangerous for human skin. Protect your eyes and ears from the bleach.
- Use the right amount of bleach to prepare the diluted solution. While preparing the solution, add cold water before pouring with hot water. Pouring bleach into the hot water produces fumes.
- Open windows and door of the bathroom while pouring bleach in the water. Make sure that the bathroom is well-ventilated as diluted bleach solution is noxious and causes dizziness.
Many people believe that rug can't be clean in the washing machine. But, surprisingly, the washing machine gives the bathroom rug a fresh and stain-free clean. So, don't worry about using a washing machine to clean bathroom rugs. Pay regular attention to a clean bathroom rug. A clean and fresh bathroom gives you coziness when you spend personal time.