Salmon is on the list of those foods that are rich in terms of both taste and health benefits.
These are the two reasons why people around the globe love salmon so much. It’s one of the amazing feelings for a seafood lover getting salmon before him for dinner!
Just like other foods, a salmon lover also expects to purchase fresh salmon from the nearest fish market, but one may not get the opportunity to enjoy the fresh ones every time because of some unavoidable situations, like availability, adventure trip, weather, etc.
However, to make sure that the salmon lovers have access to their favorite food in every situation, some producers came forward with the idea of canned salmon.
Pink, sockeye, and other types of salmons are preserved inside of a can, which is available throughout the seasons at any super shop, also can be carried with while leaving for a remote trip.
Following the footsteps of those innovative producers, nowadays a good number of companies delivering this type of canned salmon, but all of them are not up to the mark!
To help the salmon lovers find the best canned salmons, we came up with this content. We have listed here 5 of the best canned salmons from the market.
Also, as a bonus, you will get to know can opening techniques, a short-cut recipe, and some good aspects of the salmon. So, if you are planning to eat a delicious dish of salmon in your next meal, you can check out our content right now.
- 1 5 Best Canned Salmons
- 2 Frequently Asked Question about Canned Salmons
- 3 Conclusion
5 Best Canned Salmons
Considering our visitors’ taste, we enlisted here both pink and sockeye salmons. All of them were caught from the best available sources on the earth. Among these 5 cans of salmon from 4 different producers, you will also have options to choose a particular type of salmon from different producers.
1. Crown Prince Natural Pink Salmon
Crown Prince brings you a nutrias meal under the warp of fantastic taste. These prime cuts of salmon in the can are delicate in flavor, firm in texture, and provide an excellent source of protein for the human body. Choosing these pieces of fish, you can ensure strength for your bones and eyes and at the same time enjoy the meal.
While packing the salmons into the can, Crown Prince follows the traditional style. As a consequence, they include the bones and skin of the fishes too. Additionally, these two also add some calcium to the fishes.
Apart from the traditional style of packing, the producer also catches these fishes from the best location, this quality also contributes to the taste. Their salmons are from the USA and they are caught in a sustainable manner during the fishing.
Just like other cans of the market, with this Crown Prince can you can also make various kind of recipes. Moreover, it is possible to make both regular main course dishes as well as snacks with the fishes.
Buying this can of salmon, you can preserve it for weeks. The producer Crown Prince packed these fish pieces without adding any artificial salt, and under the most stringent of quality standard. Around the week, hopefully, you will enjoy an even taste.
Highlighted Features and Benefits
- It’s a can of a delicious meal with some major health benefits.
- Finest quality salmon for making various dishes and snacks on different occasions.
- Non-GMO project verified and Marine Stewardship Council certified can keeps the salmon always protected for healthy eating.
- Traditional packing and best source catching guarantee the best taste of the fishes.
2. Crown Prince Natural Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon
Here is another can of salmon fishes from the renowned producer Crown Prince. Since 1948, the provider is successfully delivering the finest quality seafood across the nations. Crown Prince has gone through the supervision of different generations, still buying a can of salmon fish from them, you will enjoy the same authentic and traditional taste.
If you are a seafood lover as well as a Crown prince fan at the same time who prefers the skinless & boneless salmon, you can choose this one over our previous one. Especially, if you find removing bone while eating is irritating, this is your sure shot can of salmon.
Usually, you can make various types of recipes with the salmon both for your main meal and snacks. But here you will get extra advantage of making your recipes, as the salmons are available in the can without their skin and bones.
Alaska’s salmons are best in this business and contain the best taste. Here canned salmons are caught from the Alaska USA, so an original taste is just purchase and cooking away from you.
These salmons from the Crown Prince are also an ideal pack of seafood for a person who is always concerned about body fat. It has low fat. Furthermore, fishes also contain protein that helps you lower the blood pressure, strengthening bones, losing weight, etc.
Highlighted Features and Benefits
- A collection of pink salmon for a fresh boneless and skinless seafood lover.
- Ensure hassle-free cooking for making different tastes’ dishes.
- Safely caught from the original location to give you the real sense of taste.
- Full of protein and omega 3 salmons will look after your inner health condition.
3. Redhead Wild Sockeye Salmon
It’s a box of Omega 3's, vitamin D & protein from the Redhead. This 12 pack box also can be a value pack for a large family on any meal. Other than the normal members of the family, the dieting one, bodybuilder, and the sports freak also will find this collection of fishes beneficial to their health.
Choosing this Redhead can, you will enjoy the fresh and mature taste of salmon. This collection of wild salmon fishes is caught at the last stage of their complete life cycle. Also, they are processed just hours after fishing from the Bristol Bay.
Choosing this can for your next meal, you are also appreciating the sustainability of the sea atmosphere. The provider, Alaska Fisheries manages all the runs of the sockeye in an environment-friendly way.
These Redhead’s salmons are collected from the best source, where the world’s greatest run of sockeye is noticed. So, you can taste the genuine salmon with extra freshness, also if you are a seafood lover, it will be an exciting meal for you!
With this single piece of the can, you can make many items of food. It can be your regular meal as well as refreshments. Some quick and easy menu options are salmon cakes, burgers, tacos, sandwich spreads, soups, and salads.
Highlighted Features and Benefits
- These wild Sockeye salmons are collected from the best sources to ensure the finest taste possible.
- An ideal meal for both neutral and health concerned individuals.
- Packed with mineral-rich bones & skin for the traditional seafood fans.
- Nature-friendly mature collection of fishes that are good for both nature and taste.
4. Think Pink Pink Salmon
Think Pink’s salmons are highly praised for their flavor, purity and health benefits that contain 5x more omega-3 fatty acids than chunk light tuna. The can have 12 packs of fishes which will be enough even for a moderate to large family meal. And, with all these, you can also make all the delightful dishes for your family just mixing other ingredients with the salmon.
This Think Pink salmons are enriched with high protein, Vitamin D and Omega 3. So other than the seafood lovers, anyone can keep this pack of vitamins in their meal menu for the betterment of their health.
No artificial salt is added to these salmon fishes. The fishes have 64 grams of natural sodium per 1/4 cup of serving. Unlike artificial slat, this salt will make a positive impact on your body.
Once you take this can to your kitchen, you can make various delicious items using this single can. Here the fishes are canned in whole chunks that also include mineral-rich, edible bones, skin, salmon oil & juices. However, if you love salmon without the skin you can remove it later.
You can choose this collection of salmon without any hesitation, because Kosher has certified these fishes describing they have no GMO and BPA, also suggested as a good source of high calcium. All the salmon are caught in a sustainable way in the USA.
Highlighted Features and Benefits
- A delightful pack of fishes for persons who are obsessed with the pink salmon.
- Salmons are harvested from the best location for the assurance of authentic taste.
- Provide more health benefits with the help of a range of vitamins.
- Processed in a traditional way that ensures the premium taste and quality every time.
5. Raincoast Trading Sockeye Salmon
Raincoast Trading follows the highest sustainability standards when it is about catching and processing seafood, this can of salmon is not different. All the salmons are caught in Canadian and US waters as part of a sustainably managed Pacific Northwest fishery. So, choosing this Raincoast product, anyone can be the ambassador of positivity towards nature.
These fishes are single-cooked and packed in natural fish oils, which results in a dense flavor and loads of extra nutrition typically not found in most canned seafood products. So, if you really care about the taste, this can deserves a place in your bucket list.
The can that is used to store your favorite salmon fishes is a BPA free can. As a result, the fishes into the can never get toxic, rather they will be always perfectly preserved condition inside the can.
The salmon is canned at the peak of freshness at the cannery of Raincoast in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada, which is another well chatted place to the salmon lovers. And, the producer also ensures that every time you get the best pieces of salmon from their cans.
Every corner of these stored salmons from Raincoast is filled with Omega 3 nutrition. This vitamin has some major health benefits on the human body. Basically, eating salmon in your meal, you are satisfying your hunger as well as your body’s nutrition needs.
Highlighted Features and Benefits
- A collection of 12 pieces’ sockeye salmon for your family’s full meal.
- No additional water or oil is mixed in these salmon to preserve the unique taste of the pieces.
- Bycatch or habitat damage free collection of fresh salmons for the smooth making of persons’ favorite food items.
- Prepared to maximize nutrition value while keeping the real flavor alive.
Frequently Asked Question about Canned Salmons
We have answered three of the most frequently asked questions about canned salmon below.
Usually, these questions are asked by two groups of people. Individuals who have just known about the salmon and are planning to include salmon to their dining menu, ask the first question. Inversely, a person who already started loving salmon and wants to know more about it, asks the second and third questions.
1. What Are the Health Benefits of Salmon?
Ans. If you have gone through our the best canned salmons reviews, you probably know that salmon is not just an ordinary delicious fish item, it has some major health benefits. Some of the major benefits of salmon are discussed below.
Major Health Benefits of Salmon
- Lower the Blood Pressure
Nowadays the fluctuation of blood pressure becomes one of the major concerns to the people around the world. Very few people have control over the balance of their blood pressure, some are suffering high blood pressure some are low. Those who are affected by high blood pressure, taking the salmon as their meal, can reduce the rate of their blood pressure.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid. In combination with its abundant supply of selenium, these omega 3 fatty acids help the human body to lower its blood pressure.
- Weight Loss Friendly
A good fate free body shape is always expected to the people irrespective of their ages group. Salmon is touted to be one of the best weight-loss foods for the availability of immense proportion of lean protein in it.
Here in salmon, the fats are scattered throughout the flesh instead of concentrated in the liver. The reason behind salmon will be one of your best companions for healthy weight loss is, it has less saturated fat than most of the red meat protein.
- Improves Memory
Who doesn’t want to remember everything he wants? A student wants to remember his lessons, a random person wants to remember all the important dates and time.
Salmon can help all of us to improve our remembering capacity. The rich omega- 3 fatty acids of salmon help sharpening human brains and improving memory retention.
- Good Source of Potassium
Salmons have a quite high amount of potassium in them. In this case, the wild salmons have more portion than the farmed salmons. Wild salmons provide 18% of the RDI per 3.5 ounces where the farmed salmons provide 11%.
In fact, this fish contains more potassium than an equivalent amount of banana, which contains about 10 percent of potassium. This potassium reduces the risk of stroke.
- Powerhouse of Protein
Another health beneficiary substance that salmon contains in a rich proportion is protein. Just like the Omega 3 vitamin, protein is another essential nutrient that anyone must get from his/her diet.
Protein plays some vital roles in the human body that includes, helping the body for fast healing after injuries happen, protecting bones’ health and maintaining muscle mass during weight loss and aging processes.
A research has been conducted recently that claims that each meal should have 20 to 30 grams of protein. In general, a 3.5-ounce serving of salmons contains 22 to 25 grams of protein.
2. How to Open A Salmon Can?
Ans. you can open up a can in different ways, sometimes with the can opener and sometimes without it, below we have discussed both.
Opening A Salmon Can with The Can Opener
Opening a salmon can, as well as any other can, just takes a few seconds with a can opener, as it is a specialized tool that mainly used for opening can. Below are the steps of how to open a salmon can.
- Hold the opener with your dominant hand and the can with another one.
- Now, keep the sharp wheel of the opener just onto the front cover of the can.
- Squeeze the opener tightly until it clams into the can.
- Finally, gripping the can firmly, keep the lever moving in a circular motion until it cuts all around the upper panel.
- Once you are finished, take away the cover by your fingers or a spoon.
Opening A Salmon Can Without the Can Opener
You can still open up a can without the help of a can opener. This type of can opening techniques will work best for you when you will be on an adventure trip or don’t have any opener at your fingertips. Follow the below techniques to know.
1. Opening Can with The Help of a Spoon
- First, grab the spoon in your dominant hand firmly while keeping the can on the ground, if you don’t find enough control you can wear a glove also.
- Now, hold the can with other hand and start scratching back and forth on a certain point of the can cover.
- After a few seconds, you can successfully get into the inside of the can.
- At this stage, following the hole keep scratching until you reach the starting point.
2. A Wild Technique for Adventure Lovers
Follow this technique only when you are out of any tool. It’s one of the laborious can opening strategies, where users have to have good control on the can. For applying this technique, you have to find out a concrete surface around you. When you find the ground follow beneath steps to proceed
- First of all, flip the can and keep the up-front on the hard concrete floor.
- Now, with your dominant hand, grab the can tightly and rub it along the surface.
- After a while, you will see that the seal is separating from the can itself.
- Keep rubbing until you feel that you can remove the seal with a minimal pressure of your fingers.
3. What Is an Easy Recipe of Salmon?
Ans. Throughout the micro and macro blogging platforms, you will get hundreds of recipes and strategies regarding salmon. But, here we will teach you how you make a delicious dish within just 10-15 minutes following some easy steps. The recipe called ‘Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Butter’. It can be a quick solution to your hunger, it’s tender, flaky, and juice! To get your salmons ready for eating you can follow the following steps.
Ingredients you need to make this quick dish of salmon are…
- Salmon- little more than one pound
- Black pepper
- In the beginning, arrange all the salmon pieces on a dish.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper according to your taste on them.
- Grate a fresh lemon to get a teaspoon of lemon peel
- Squeeze two lemons to get four spoons of lemon juice.
- Now, on a pan, place four tablespoons of unsalted butter and keep them on medium heat.
- Once the butter melted and turns into a brown color, keep the salmon pieces on the melted butter.
- At this stage, cook 3-4 minutes the first side and 2-3 minutes the second side.
- In the last two minutes of cooking, add the lemon peel and juice to the salmon.
- In between the cook, pour the melted butter and lemon sauce on the salmon from the pan.
- As soon as the salmon is cooked, shift them to the serving plate.
- Now, pour all the juice butter on to the served salmon, also you can add slices of lemon and parsley to garnish your dish.
- Finally, enjoy every bite of your salmon.
It’s true that you can make a good number of dishes with the salmon. However, it’s also true that the taste of those dishes will largely be affected by the quality of salmon you put into them. So, the primary condition of enjoying a wonderful meal is to choose the best salmon from the market.
Nevertheless, other than physical shopping going to the market, if you feel the need of purchasing a can of salmon, you can consider our reviews above and each can’s benefits. Hope, you will know the bests, and end up successfully buying the best canned salmons online.